Consultant Prudential Risk Management - Financial Services
- Consultancy, Financial Management , Risk Management
- Required language
- Dutch, English
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is currently seeking highly motivated individuals to be a part of our Prudential Risk Management team. The Prudential team strives to deliver best in class solutions for regulatory and supervisory challenges in order to protect the trust in financial markets and to leave a lasting legacy. As part of our Prudential team you’ll have the opportunity to provide professional services for a variety of financial organizations, such as banks, investment firms and Fintech companies. Whilst working on our client engagements you’ll be able to develop your skillset and broaden your knowledge to create your own exceptional EY experience.
The Prudential team is part of the broader Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) and therefore of the FSO Business Consulting practice within EY, which advises financial institutions on strategic and organizational challenges. The FSRM team is very diverse with a wide variety of personalities, qualities and more than fifteen different nationalities, which is in line with the great diversity of challenges that the team deals with on a daily basis. Other competencies within the FSRM team are Enterprise Risk Management, Quantitative Advisory Services and Financial Crime. We work closely with these disciplines, but also with colleagues from the Technology Risk, Cyber Security and Data Privacy teams.
Your key responsibilities
- As a consultant in the Prudential team, you will deliver quality client services on prudential regulatory related matters, such as, capital and liquidity requirements, disclosures, recovery and resolution, while establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. More specifically, your responsibilities may include:
- Providing thought leadership, gap-assessments and implementation support on recently published or amended legislation and supervisory guidance (BASEL III and IV, CRR2 and CRD5 for example) into our clients’ business operations;
- Drafting and reviewing of regulatory policies for clients;
- Coordination and content support on the submissions of regulatory reports (e.g. COREP, FINREP, Liquidity, SREP);
- Advising clients on hot topics for our clients, an example is ‘Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) risks’.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have:
- You are in the final phase of your studies or have obtained a master's degree with excellent results. We are open to applicants with diverse backgrounds, but have a preference for interfaces with finance, economics, business administration or law;
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- You have a strong demonstrable interest in the financial sector and you are familiar with the development in this sector;
- You are an ambitious starter who enjoys diving into new topics, learning skills and loves fast and constantly changing environments;
- You enjoy working in a team and know how to build and maintain strong relationships;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What we look for
Everyone is unique. At EY we highly value who you are next to your job. Bring yourself, build your future!
What we offer
The team you end up in, the colleagues around you and your work all contribute to your job satisfaction. But you don't work for nothing. That is why we offer you attractive employment conditions. Hybrid working is very common at EY. At EY you also determine your own career development: with energy, drive, empathy and daringness, nothing stands in the way of your career. The more you develop, the more opportunities you will discover to steer your career and make it as unique as you are. What else you can expect at EY:
- At EY, every individual has a unique contribution. That includes you! Our open and diverse culture values your individual input.
- You'll get fantastic career opportunities thanks to the individual support and attention we offer. You will be assigned a counsellor who will guide and support you to shape your career within EY according to your personal ambition.
- Through our global network you can become a part of international projects and work alongside multicultural teams.
- You will work in a dynamic, enthusiastic team. As a team we also have many social activities such as team BBQ’s, sport events and other fun activities!
- EY pays attention to health and vitality, and encourages you to have a healthy life-work balance.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
An (online) assessment and a pre employment screening are part of the application procedure.
Due to laws and regulations, and because EY (and in some cases its clients) has high demands on the reliability and integrity of its employees, every new employee will be screened. Depending on your rank the pre employment screening could contain the following: Certificate of Conduct (in Dutch: VOG) or - if requesting a Dutch VOG is not possible - Criminal Background Check of the country you are currently living or have lived during the last five years, integrity questionnaire, verification of ID, diploma’s and/or work experience and consultation of the Dutch insolvency registry.
Service Line/Business Area